Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 4 13 12:15 AM

Tags : :

I know it doesn't matter - but his songs are confusing ... is he a muslim or a christian? It seems he himself is debating this also. Here are the contradictions he made in his songs:

Now for those that say Realest is a convert from Christianity to Islam -- there's something not right about the timeline of the songs - so that argument seems to be invalid.

Songs that suggest Realest is muslim:
"Still know all about you." ft. Bizzy Bone --> "Allah, please let me appologize in advance..."
"We don't play dem games" ft. Outlawz --> "To all my homeboys in Islam, Quran readers"
"I don't know" ft. 730 --> "Get me high, all praise to Allah."
"Life's like a movie" --> "Much respect to niggaz that speaking with Allah."
"Pray 4 Me" --> "Anibiyah, prophet I've seen it." --> Anbiyah is arabic for prophets. (Could be misheard, maybe he says "an eagle eye" or Abel - in which case it would point out to be christian according to the rest of the verse as Abel is NOT an islamic prophet - see below for the rest of the songs)

Songs that suggest Realest is a christian:
"Slow Down" --> "Praying for heaven, Cross my heart, hope G'd will get me drunk when I die." and: "We go to church and pray to G'd how did it come to this."
"Waiting for Jesus to come" --> Title says it all, and: "Black Jesus please come save me" and: "Baptized, a new born"
"Waiting for Jesus to come part 2" --> Title says it all, and: he uses the 4 letter holy name for G'd in his verse as written in the Bible. And: "I'm grabbing my Bible" and: "repent my sins."
"I wonder does G'd care" --> "When I'm drunk I think of what Jesus went through, it was hell to say you were Jew or some kind of Hebrew." and: " Revelations at the 21st verse, bible said we should never shed tears no more."
"I'm Fallin" ft. G-Twinz & Nutt-So --> "Our Father will." and the topic of the rest song.
"That's Me" ft. Jacki-O (2012) --> "Thank the Lord, my G'd for it."
"You ain't heard of us" --> "I read my Bible cuz niggaz they stress me." and: "asked my father, he's a preacher but did I go wrong? He told me to repent my sins and put my heart in the song."
"Blind Livin' ft. Yukmouth --> "Scream to G'd, but he can hear you. Now we gotta take His children."
"If I Die" ft. Thug Lords --> "Lord, please take this pain out. I repent my sins. I still do drug dealin' - I'm sorry G'd but this is what I do to support my wife and children."
"Kongratulationz" (september 2012) --> (song doesn't suggest a muslim wedding) "My best man got the rings" and: "I pray to G'd" and: "I speak to Jesus about all my difficult circumstances."
"Ridin' with me" ft. Lil Cyco --> "Accept me G'd for my thug life, even though I did not live it right."
"Pray 4 Me" (march 2012) --> "Please pray for me, and ask the Lord please make a way for me." and: "Just pray for me, Lord."

His tattoos suggest he's a christian... I know there's more songs that touch the religion subject - so if you have any - PLEASE POST - so we can discuss more.

-- Does he have a personality disorder ? -- maybe he thinks it's "cool" to be muslim sometimes when he's with others who are muslim (or converts) as well....
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Oct 6 13 12:26 AM

Re: Jevon Jones - Muslim or Christian? Tha Realest discussio

This is very ironic that i didnt notice this post before because i was on tha phone last night with a fellow fan (he is from texas, and i live in NY) whom i met over tha boards and we were wondering the same thing. I mentioned the track "Poppa wuz a proud man", and i said he totally contradicts himself because he says, "Growin up with rivals, he made me read my bible, i did it daily with no regections, cause its for survival, Yes im a preachers son, probly the badest one talkin' to yahway in my sleep now thy will be done."

It weirds me out that u even used tha word contradicts himself, because my boy told me that alah, muslimz, yahway, all refers to satan, and this has nothing to do with it but just information because he was adimate about it but i am white and he is black....anyways the only reason i mention this is because i have no idea about muslim religion or culture but i didnt know that and i dont know if he even knows what he's talking about, but like i said he was adimate about it.......Whats ur input on that one, im curious Jossy, do u know?

Also he and i met on bomb1st.com and started pm-ing and sharing tracks, then exchanged phone numbers and we chop it up on the reg for hours, lol.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 6 13 10:52 AM

Just to make one thing clear: Jews, christians and muslims (to some extend) all believe in only 1 G'd.

So here comes a long explenation.... El or Elo is the ancient hebrew word for "G'd" but it can either refer to a fake god or the real G'd . Like Isra-el means " I struggled with G'd " the real one that Jacob (Yakub in Islam, Ya'akov in Judaism) wrestled with. But El (if you use it as a name) is the god that was worshipped in Canaan by pagans.

Now if you look at the words El , Elo, Eloh (all meaning "god") .. it uses the hebrew letters Alef , Lamed, Heh as a root (as semetic languages don't have vowels)

Now in Arabic the word Allah ... uses the same letters. Alif, Lam, Ha. So it's kind of a 'slang' of the hebrew word. It just means "G'd" that's why saying "Allah" could be done by anyone, even non-muslims. Christians and Jews that live in arab-speaking countries do refer to G'd as Allah usually, just like Muslims in christian countries refer to Allah as G'd.

The other word you mentioned - which is the Holy 4 letters - is the name of the Lord revealed to Moses (Musa in Islam, Moshe in Judaism) and roughly translates to "I am that I am." To use this Name in vain is against one of the hebrew 10 commendments (as to be followed by jews and christians), hence why I won't use it so easily, even though I'm just typing. But rappers like Tha Realest ("Poppa was a proud man") and Big Syke ("My closest roaddog OG") do USE the Holy name, just like YeHoVaH-withnesses. Those 4 letters I capitalized is actually the Lord's name and the vowels (like I said earlier, there are no vowels in semetic languages) are improvised as how we THINK we should pronounce it - but we are not sure.

Comes back the question of Tha Realest...
You can read Qu'ran and speak about Allah and still believe in the Christian G'd of Israel.
Him hanging out with muslim people could really influence his choise of words. I personally also believe that Tha Realest believes more in a Christian concept - but it's remarkable to hear songs in which he uses the Arabic terms.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Oct 6 13 6:58 PM

Video 1 (out of 15) explaining the name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEgq8oYY ... e=youtu.be

I Am that I Am was the name given to Moses, if u translate it to hebrew its Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh (pronounced as Ahaya Ashar Ahaya).. from what i heard Yahweh is injected on purpous in the bible so people would call on a false God and also its used by witches

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 6 13 10:24 PM

Corné wrote:
Video 1 (out of 15) explaining the name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEgq8oYY ... e=youtu.be

I Am that I Am was the name given to Moses, if u translate it to hebrew its Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh (pronounced as Ahaya Ashar Ahaya).. from what i heard Yahweh is injected on purpous in the bible so people would call on a false God and also its used by witches

well I speak Hebrew,
the name of G'd are four letters - Yud Hey Vav Hey
now if you know hebrew, every word has a "root" (hard to explain)
the root of the name is ... Hey Yud Hey -- "haya'h" translates as: " To be "
The translation I gave you is therefore accurate... the name itself means "I am what I am." - I am infinite, I am perfect... It describes the relationship G'd has with men, that's why it is revealed to Moses when he asks: " who are you? "

Now, Corne, you are right - as the name is powerful - almighty - and He has created the world with speech - the word can be misused for witchcraft. In fact, that could be one of the reasons why it is forbidden to say the name in vain and why Jews don't say the name altogether but alter it with "Adonai" which means "Lord" just to be on the safe side...

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 7 13 2:14 PM

I dont know.. there's a lot of doctrines in this world so i rather stick with one thing, cause else u will go from one God/teaching to another, the bible also tells that people in the last days would be drunk of spirit, meaning they will be moving from one God/religion to the next.. but if His name is to holy to say, then how come when Moses received his name in Exodus, it says in Exodus 3:15 "...That will be my name forever, I want the next generations to CALL UPON THAT NAME"?

And regarding Tha Realest and Islam, i remember him talking about Napoleon how they sit down together and talk about it and that Realest was sometimes ready to throw this rapshit in the trash if i remember it correctly, kinda makes sense since Napoleon also left rap cause of Islam..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help